Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the website for Alcatraz Excursions (“Alcatraz”). We offer a variety of travel-related services and products through the website.
These are the terms and conditions governing your use of the website and these services and products. Because these terms and conditions contain legal obligations on your part, please read them carefully. By using our website, or by purchasing or using any of the products or services we offer, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions. No change from these terms and conditions is of any force or effect, unless made in writing by an authorized Alcatraz representative.
- By using our website, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. We may change these terms and conditions at any time, in the exercise of our sole discretion, so please review these each time you access the website. Your continued use of the website, or your purchase or any products or services, after changes have been posted means that you agree to be legally bound thereby.
- If you disagree with any of these terms and conditions, or do not wish to be legally bound by them, please discontinue your use of the website and do not purchase any services or products.
- You understand that additional terms and conditions may be imposed by the provider of the services or products we offer. You agree to abide by the terms and conditions imposed by any such provider, including payment of any additional amounts when and if due, and to comply with the entire provider’s terms and conditions regarding the availability or use of products or services.
- You agree to use our website, and to use any products or services you purchase, in full and complete compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Your use of our website is limited to noncommercial and personal use, and to make only legitimate requests for the products or services offered. You will not use the website to make any false, fraudulent or otherwise improper requests.
- In addition, you will not use the website in any way that will adversely affect the performance of it, or upload or transmit to the website any software or routine that may damage, interfere with, attempt to interfere with, or impair the operations of the website, or that imposes any unreasonable loads on our equipment.
- You may not download, copy, reproduce, republish, post, transmit or in any other way use the content of our website, except for your own personal non-commercial use.
- You agree that Alcatraz is not responsible for any information or the accuracy thereof, that is not included on its website and that is provided instead by a provider or other third party.
- The purchase of any product or services is not confirmed until you receive an email or written confirmation from Alcatraz. Any change that you may wish to make with regard to any order that you place with us must be requested from Alcatraz - not the provider of the services or products you purchased. Any such change request is subject to availability by our providers, and we cannot guarantee or predict the success of any such request.
- If you wish to cancel a purchase, you must do so with Alcatraz.
- Refund/Cancellation Policy: If cancellation is made seventy-two (72) or more hours in advance of reservation, your payment will be refunded in full; if the cancellation is made less than 72 hours in advance, you will not receive a refund, unless Alcatraz is able to resell your tickets. Rates confirmed at the time of purchase are honored at the time of visit. Refunds will be processed within fourteen days of cancellation. We will also provide a refund in the event of security, safety or similar closures. In the event we are unable to provide a service for any reason, our only obligation is a complete refund.
- The prices listed on our website are per person, unless otherwise specified. These prices are subject to change without prior notice, until your purchase is confirmed by Alcatraz. The prices do not include tips or gratuities, personal insurance, items of a personal nature, or any food or beverages not listed as included on our website.
- We do not charge a service fee for processing credit card payments. Full payment by a credit card is necessary to make a purchase of services or products.
- Under no circumstances is Alcatraz, its agents, employees, affiliates, providers, or related business entities liable for damages, whether such losses were foreseeable, known or otherwise, for: (a) any consequential, indirect, special or exemplary damages; (b) any losses suffered by any third party; (c) any loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (d) any loss of business or opportunity; (e) any injury to reputation or loss of goodwill, arising from or related to, in any way, the use of our website or the purchase of any products or services.
- Our providers are independent contractors, and not agents, employees or representatives of Alcatraz. As a result, Alcatraz is not liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or loss of any kind, as a result of actions taken or not taken by any of our providers. Alcatraz is also not liable for any damage or loss of any kind as a result of causes beyond its control.
- We use our best business judgment to select our providers. However, we provide no warranty of any kind, and no representation of any kind, either express or implied, as to the suitability of the services or products you purchase for your intended usage, or their fitness for any particular purpose. We check and reconfirm the details about all of the products and services we offer on our website for accuracy, but we do not guarantee that the content or information is free of error. We will provide a full refund for any services and products offered to you, if there was error in our listing.
- We do not share information that you provide as part of your purchase of any services or products with companies that are not related to Alcatraz. We may share your information, however, with Hornblower Yachts, Inc. the corporate parent of Alcatraz, or any other business entity that is part of the Hornblower Yachts, Inc., corporate family.
- You agree to defend and indemnify Alcatraz, and any of our providers, including each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim, cause of action, or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, in any action commenced by any third party against Alcatraz as a result of (1) your breach of any of these terms and conditions; (2) your violation of any law, or the rights of any third party, or (3) your use of our web page.
- Alcatraz is registered under California law as a seller of travel, and its registration number is 2094770-50. This registration does not constitute approval by the State of California of our services or actions. California law requires us to have either a trust account or a bond as a means of consumer protection, and Alcatraz has a bond issued by RLI Insurance Company in the amount of $20,000. Alcatraz is a participant in the Travel Consumer Restitution Fund.